Fran on Holidays last year

Fran on Holidays last year
Vino at Mercatello

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Back to Paris

We drove back to Paris and I must say I have been very comfortable driving here. I think I might forget how to drove on the other side when I return! 


We got back and the pace picked up again after the sleepy Sancerre countryside . 

Carmel is in a hotel as I've  taken a small flat for the next week and she wouldn't fit in. 
So I arrived at my apartment for the week and got settled. Its on the left bank on Rue l'universite about two. Streets behind the Musee  D'Orsay. A very nice area full of decorating shops . At least I won't be tempted to buy - the lamps, rugs footstools, etc are safe from me! Maybe a little chandelier? The apartment turned out to be a winner! I'll be very happy here. It's so comfortable Carmel commented if it's cold I might be tempted not to go out at all! But I promise I will. 


We had afternoon tea, complete with the macaroon with Carmel's friend Annie. She's a lovely lady and I've really enjoyed meeting her. She is the one who has selected my hairdresser next week! 

Afterwards we had a dinner at a local brasserie. It was rustic French food and I was a little sad as Carmel leaves tomorrow. 

After a bad nights sleep (always bad on the first night for some strange reason) we turned our clocks back for the end of daylight saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment