Fran on Holidays last year

Fran on Holidays last year
Vino at Mercatello

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Visiting Monet in Giverny

Today I decided  to leave town and visit Monet at home in Giverny. 
I've been wanting to go here for some time - probably since Wendy  took  photos of the beautiful garden in black and white.
I had to go by tube to St Lazare station and get the fast train to Giverny. I took my time and got there in the early afternoon just as the rain stopped. 
It was beautiful and peaceful. The good thing about the colder weather is the tourist lines are not so bad.
I had a few hours wandering around the garden and the house and sitting watching people. I think I'm becoming invisible! Some Americans arrived and entered by the exit door to the house and I heard the women say "This is a funny entrance"! - not realising she was in the kitchen. 
Oh dear. 





I walked around the village of Giverny and saw the gallery there as well. It's a lovely place to visit and as I love Monet's work it was rather special. I even got to see the video about his life. 
Got back to Paris and went for a walk around the river and streets nearby as the lights were coming on and some of the streets have put up their Christmas lights .
Tomorrow after my haircut I'm going to visit the Champs-Elysees to see if the lights are up the yet. 

1 comment:

  1. Lucky girl - I've wanted to go to Giverny for years.... Even more so after visiting the Musee de l'orangerie in Paris last year.. it's also worth a visit if you haven't been yet.x

    ReplyDelete