Fran on Holidays last year

Fran on Holidays last year
Vino at Mercatello

Monday, March 18, 2013

La Quinta California.


Hello readers . Welcome back


Yes get your maps out! I'm on the move again this time in America. I'm visiting Lynne and Tom my favorite Canadian friends.
La Quinta is a golf resort in the desert area about two hours south and inland from LA.
More to come....... I'm a bit jet lagged. 

I left Brisbane at 10am sitting in Premium Economy next to the man who had pushed in front of me in the line up outside. Funny how that works out. I caught up on my movie viewing watching Perfect Pitch, Save your legs ( the oz movie about the cricket team) and ? Something else but I think I fell asleep . That must have been the only time I slept though! It was a long 14 hr flight. 
We arrived at 5.40 in the morning, and were herded into a large "holding area" and released a few a time to pass through customs. There were 3 groups: US citizens, those with connecting flights and then the others. I saw our friends Pauline and Brian Jordan son Michael, who  was connecting to Vegas.  Well  it took until 8.30 to get through to the baggage claim then a huge queue to exit the customs! Unbelievable. They said - complain to the govt . With all the cuts there is a staff shortage. 
Welcome to America. 
I took the shuttle to Palm Springs- La Quinta and arrived at 12. 30 to be greeted by Tom and Lynne and Lynne's sister Lesley. Great house. Lovely pool set  in golf club estate. All so beautiful and manicured. Like being on a movie set. 
We enjoyed lunch at the club house about a 15 min walk from the house and so beautiful. Then a short drive across the wrong side of the tracks to a new estate set around a man made lake. Funniest owner , looked like he was under going rehab sitting on his 4 post iron bed in this massive house all in brown! 
Home for a short sleep , swim ( did I mention the weather is beautiful - warm and dry) and Prosecco before dinner and an early night. 
Photos tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment